Sunday, December 22, 2013

MAKING A LIST, THANKING HIM TWICE

Since it is this season that everybody is making a wish list, let me share to you a different list -- my list. This is a list of gifts that I have received for this year 2013.


1. CAREER
Truth be told, this doesn't mean growth. I've been with this company for more than a year now and I would firmly say that I miss my old job. Not that I hate what I do now, but just to weigh things in, my previous job gives me continuous learning on accounting. But despite of this, I am contented and thankful that I have landed on this job. Though learning is a bit stagnant, but here we get recognition for every hard work that we do. The very thing that I kept looking for with the previous. Also, though I talk to a lot of US based employees, not once have I been mocked and insulted by them. These people are so kind and so understanding. Totally the opposite from my past job wherein I would suck up my soul every day just to face, literally face, irate clients that would shout at me in front of the other clients. Not that I was stupid but just because they can't accept the company's policy in handling their complaints. So yeah, on a stress-level basis, I am good with where I am right now. And to add up, just before this year ends, a good news came for an additional income. Details are still top secret. :)

2. RELATIONSHIPS
I was single when 2013 came and now that it is ending, I am still single. But HAPPY. This year has taught me a lot of things when it comes to building a relationship, its importance, and how it is not really important. But relationship does not only goes for "couples", this could also mean relationship with family and friends. So let me break this part into two.

2.a. Family
This year started rough for our family. Though we've been considered as a broken family for over 10 years now, I must say that our relationship with each other has been severely tested this year, especially my relationship with them.

It has been (counting . . .) 4 years since my dad and I stopped talking with each other. Yes, 4 years of not greeting him good morning and good night, waiting for him to finish lunch first before I have mine, not giving and receiving gifts, no advices, nothing. Imagine that. But this year has been so good that we suddenly reconciled with each other and started talking. Though, none of us said sorry, deep down I know we've forgiven each other and decided to let our past angst remain in the past.

Also, this year has drawn me a lot closer to my mom and my brother. This case was really really tough. My brother and I have been fighting non-stop during the first two quarters of this year. He had his own family problem and I kept on bombarding him of a different problem which caused him and my mom to have a deeper fight. But then, eventually, when we were able to let every one know how we felt, we came to understand each other and learned how to adjust with each situations.

Again, another addition to the happy story: This will be the first Christmas in 10 years that the whole family will be spending together. Yes, whole family. This is exciting!!!

Family Day Out November 2013



2.b. Friendships
Have you experienced going to a remote place where the streets are not cemented and there are so many rocks, humps, and lumps along the way? Well, that kind of explains my current "friendship" situation.

I was able to meet new people this year and decided to include them on my roster of friends. Some are from work and some are just those I met in the corner. And yes, having new friends is fun. Really fun. It makes the nine hour stay at work bearable because of the good laughs being shared. Also, who doesn't want to have that friend who would take you out for a movie and dinner plus gutter chikka moments?

But as I've said, this was a lumpy drive. Along the way, I lost some friends too. "We just grew apart" kind of moments. And that sucks. Last thing that I would want is to lose a friend. Medyo clingy ako e and I always treat my close friends as my siblings. So, there. I gained some, I lose some. They come, they go. But for whatever reasons those may be, I am still thankful that I came across these people.

Lastly, my favorite part about friendship is my friendship with these two people that I've been with for six years. I wouldn't be this happy if not for them. They have been with me all throughout this rollercoaster life ride of mine. And so was I for them. I can say that our bond is tougher and tighter than anyone else's. No matter how hard, how deep, how messed up our problems are, we know that we can always count on each other. May it be great advices, friendly judgment, irritating comments, or just a bucket of beer at Butter Diner, Cubao. :)

F.R.I.E.N.D.S.


3. FINANCIAL
As I have mentioned on my previous entry (First Timers) I have been blessed to have landed this new job wherein I am now able to give my share on our house bills, pay for my mom's medical needs, and still have extra for my non-sense whereabouts. I am not earning that much, really. But to compare it with my earnings last year (or have I really earned something), this is good enough.

This year I was able to go around and spend money without worrying if I'll go over my budget. Never have I thought that I could go to Boracay and enjoy its offers. Concerts, really? Before, I just cry and feel bad every time a great foreign band comes to the Philippines for concerts. But now, hello Tegan and Sara! Another is that now I am able to watch gigs that requires entrance fees. Before, I just wait for free gigs being announced over twitter. Bummer!


Boracay 2013

Tagaytay 2013

Gigs 2013


All of these won't be possible if not for the very thing that I am most thankful of, GOD. I have to admit that this is the year when I got really close to Him. That this was the year that I had fully accepted His love and grace for me. I've been through tough times and He saves me and pulls me back up. I am and will be forever grateful for all the blessings that He has given and continuously giving not only to me, but to my family and friends as well.

I know for some, 2013 has been a hard year to surpass. But even though, let us not forget that whatever problems we may face, there will always be something that we should be thankful for.

Happy Holidays everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment