Tuesday, December 3, 2013

FIRST TIMERS

I remember, when I was still in college, my girl friends and I were awfully sad when foreign bands come to the Philippines and we were not able to watch them. We are not like any college students. We were not studious but we have to be to maintain scholarship and when we didn't we went to work our asses out to pay for our tuition. So when graduation was nearing and almost everyone of us were already hired, we promised that we would attend every foreign acts that we love. A very ambitious promise, I must say.

We graduated summer of 2011, and from then on many foreign bands came to perform. Smashing Pumpkins, Paramore, Maroon 5, Deftones, Japandroids, and The Killers are just those few that we missed. You might wonder what happened to our promise. Thing is, earning money is not easy as we thought it would be. Most of us were just earning a little from the above minimum wage, or to easily put, just enough to get us by our daily commute and lunch in the office. I remember how my best friend and I sucked our souls up wishing we were at the Smashing Pumpkin's concert instead of doing accounting entries on the computer.


But then came 2012, a door of opportunity opened for me and my other girl friend. We grabbed this opportunity in hopes that we will earn more, which we did and we still do. Now, I'm able to give my share on our house bills, pay for mom's medical needs, and still have extra for my non-sense whereabouts. And with that said, we both were able to watch Tegan and Sara, the very first foreign concert we've attended to. Though I wanted my first concert to be The Killers, which would've been if not for that stupid broken promise that someone will buy me ticks, T+S concert was not bad at all. It was a crazy crazy fun concert. Far different from what I had in mind. It was worth all the pagtitipid I did for one whole month.

I couldn't explain the high I felt that night. Might have been because of the first-concert syndrome or just me fan-girling over Tegan Quin. I don't know, but it sure was a wild night! And just like any other first time, it hurts, my body, my legs, my throat hurt. And, yes, just like any other first time, it was a good hurt!
















I hope to attend more concerts. And to amp the excitement, I heard RHCP's finally coming here on February of 2014 for the 7107IMF. I must not miss that!! I would love to hear the crazy drum beats live! And ofcourse, my fingers are forever crossed for Coldplay!

No comments:

Post a Comment