Sunday, August 18, 2013

THE GAME

It has been quite a while
Never have I thought I would come this far
The pain felt was too much to bear
Thankful enough all has ended well

I couldn't say I hate you
All because I never do
I wouldn't say I love you
All because I no longer do
And yes, all of this is true

I have let the feelings consume me
Drowned me until I can no longer breathe
Thankful enough I had passed all that
Now I'm laughing like an idiot
Yes, I was that bad

I knew from that time
It was just a phase
But I was too stupid
I couldn't win that race
I was that weak

You made me realize a truth
Holding on to promises are for fools
Forever is just another lie
Though I no longer love you,
But still thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment